Governing Board elections November 2018: Candidates standing
Following a period of nominations, we’re very pleased that 19 candidates are standing for election to the Governing Board. They are listed on the Candidates page in alphabetical order by family name, alongside their Candidate Statement and the names of their nominators. Here you can read more about the candidates, why they’re standing for election, and what they plan to do for Cochrane if elected.
There are four (4) positions available on the Board for this election, which is open to Cochrane Members. Candidates do not have to be a leader of a Cochrane Group and the Board is looking for a diverse and international range of candidates. For this election, they should be able to demonstrate experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Charity Governance (in any charitable organization around the world)
- Organizational Finance and Resource Management
- People Management (often called ‘Human Resources’ in English) and Organizational Development
- Consumer involvement in Evidence Production and Health Policy
- Advocating for Evidence
- Widening Access, Participation, Reach and Impact of Research
- Fundraising and Development
Voting will open on 22 November 2018 and close on 10 December 2018 (12:00 GMT) via this website. All members as defined by the Membership Terms & Conditions will be entitled to vote in the election.
Voters can cast a number of votes equal to the number of vacancies (so in this election, voters can cast four votes), and each vote has the same weight. The candidates with the highest number of votes will be declared elected. Instructions on how to vote will be sent on 22 November 2018.
Cochrane places high regard on minimizing bias, promoting access, and enabling wide participation. For these reasons, canvassing for specific candidates is prohibited. It should be noted that:
- Any Cochrane individual, Group or committee may encourage members to participate in elections without endorsing specific candidates;
- Cochrane leaders or leadership committees (such as Executives) should not publicly endorse specific candidates.
For more information, please see Board's electoral and appointment procedure. Questions about any aspects of this process, or concerns about a candidate’s eligibility, can be raised with Lucie Binder, Senior Advisor to the CEO (Governance & Management) and Electoral Officer for this election.